After 14 weeks on the road and a week of R&R, we farewell Mexico and Central America.
- We met school children in the Dominican Republic who begged us to take their photos. We encountered our first experience of the Spanish Conquests of the Americas.
- We learnt how hard life is in Cuba, and perhaps it is easing as Fidel fades.
- We saw monuments and churches, ate wonderful food and drove miles in Mexico. Ev and Steph joined us for a few days in Sayulita.
- We marvelled at the engineering of the Panama Canal – still functioning the same as it did when it opened 101 years ago. Then we found flowers and coffee in the mountains.
- We came close to wildlife in Cost Rica – enjoying watching monkeys in their own habitat.
- We visited ancient, colourful towns and marvelled at active volcanoes in Nicaragua.
- We saw lakes and volcanoes and beautiful indigenous people in Guatemala. Then we learnt more about the ancient culture at Tikal.
- We chilled out in a lay back beach resort in San Pedro, Belize.
Eight amazing, diverse countries. There are many stories and photos under The Americas menu, and still more to come.
Our next adventure is driving the USA.